Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Lost Track of All the Blood...

So in my English class, our assignment was to write a short-story about whatever we wanted as long as it was no longer than three pages.  I wracked my brain for days trying to figure out what to write about, and finally re-used an idea from 8th grade.  I wrote a story called "Allerednic" which, if you haven't noticed, is Cinderella backwards.  So I wrote a backwards version of Cinderella where the shoes fits everyone... anyways, I was feeling pretty good about it until I got to class.  Now, I'm not saying that I was blown away by the fabulocity of everyone else's stories, I'm just pointing out that our stories are from different galaxies.  This is everyone in my classes' stories over here, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy  over on the other end of the spectrum is mine.  Basically my story is pretty much the only one that does not mention blood, death, or general grossness... We've been keeping a tally of how many happy stories there are vs. sad, depressing, and all around dark ones.... I eventually stopped counting because all of them are dark....  except mine of course.  Why is it when compelled to write short stories, high school students feel obligated to write the darkest, creepiest, most confusing thing they can pull from their brains?  Or is something wrong with me...?  Curse my love of fairy tales and happily ever afters!  Actually, never mind, I am alright with not having an obsession with death and blood...

Random Thing:  I wrote a tavern song today

No comments:

Post a Comment